God Loves You

Welcome Myspace Comments

Welcome to my blog!

Greetings in Christ name the finisher of our faith in this wide universe. I made this blog for me to share the word of God. I am not concerning any religion because it cannot saved us from sins. Thus, religion can reformed but only God can transformed.

I hope that everything I shared gives peace and enlightenment for individuals. God bless!

Thank You Myspace Comments
Conviction

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Seven Beams of Mercy


The name Habakkuk is an unusual one of uncertain meaning. Some feel it comes from the Hebrew word Habaq which means "to embrace" Habakkuk chooses to cling firmly to (embrace) God regardless of what happens to his nation. With God's glory we can live with victory. There are seven beams of mercy.

1. We shall not die - In Habakkuk 1:12 Lord are you not from everlasting? My God, my Holy One, you will never die. You Lord, have appointed them to execute judgement; you my Rock has ordained them to punish. Even we die in a tragic death, and that death is so called physical death into a corruptible body. This emphasis, we will not die into spiritual death because we do have an incorruptible body. Thus, I am the resurrection and the life. Anyone who believes in me will live even though they die. And whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this? John 11:25-26.

2. The just shall live by faith - In Habakkuk 2:4 See he is puffed up, his desires are not upright but the righteous will lives by their faithfulness. In the sense, we will live by faith & his mercy endures forever. Thus, it says also in Romans 1:17 For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed - a righteousness that is by faith from first to last just as it is written: " the righteous will lives by faith. "

3. The earth will be filled with the knowledge of the Lord - In Habakkuk 2:14 For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord as the waters cover the sea. This means, we bring back the glory and honor because He alone is worthy to be praised.

4. The Lord is in his holy temple - In Habakkuk 2:20 The Lord is in holy temple; let all the earth be silent before him. The emphasis, our body is the temple of God. Let the Lord dwells in our heart so that we are all pleasing to him. It is also called a living sacrifice. Therefore, I urge you brothers and sisters in view of God's mercy to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God-this is true worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is- his good, pleasing and perfect will ( Romans 12:1-2 )

5. Even in wrath, God remembers mercy - In Habakkuk 3:2 Lord, I have heard of your fame; I stand in awe of your deeds Lord. Renew them in our day, in our time makes them known; in wrath remember mercy. As we all knew the life of Jonah, he was running away from God. Even in God's wrath He provides mercy. " Now the Lord provided a huge fish to swallow Jonah, and Jonah was in the belly of the fish three days and three nights - Jonah 1:17"

6. God goes for the salvation of His people - God wants to bless his people and gives eternal life. He places compassion in our lives. In Habakkuk 3:13, You came out to deliver your people, to save your anointed one. You crushed the leader of the land of wickedness, you stripped him from head to foot.

7. Even in hard times we can rejoice in the Lord - Habakkuk 3:17-19 " Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls. Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior. The Sovereign Lord is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to tread on the heights. For the director of music on my stringed instruments. The emphasis, how marvelous & awesome is He that is why we will rejoice despite the hardship we had in our lives. Rejoice in the Lord always - 1 Thessalonians 5:16.

No comments: